Wool Carpets are commonly used in many households due to which many people have to perform the wool carpet cleaning process on a regular basis. Wool carpets are soft and smooth due to which they provide an excellent experience. They have various other properties such as they are durable and environment-friendly as compared to carpets manufactured using other materials, therefore, people tend to prefer them in households. However, wool carpets are also susceptible to getting extremely dirty over the course of time due to which it is also important to perform cleaning process in order to keep them clean and performing at the highest level.
There are different wool carpet cleaning methods, however, in this article, we will explain two methods with the help of which people can clean carpets at home in a convenient manner. The wool carpet cleaning processes have been explained in such a manner that they will not put an extra burden on the cleaning budget.
Cleaning wool carpets using a cleaning agent
In this process, a cleaning agent i.e. baking soda solution or vinegar will be required. Steps involved in the process are as below:
- In the first step, prepare an appropriate solution of the cleaning agent for using during the cleaning process.
- Now, clean the carpet with the help of a vacuum cleaner in order to remove dust and dirt particles present on its surface. We also recommend vacuum cleaning wool carpets on a regular basis in order to keep them clean for a longer period.
- In the next step, wash the wool carpet with the help of water so that it is viable to apply cleaning agent on areas where stains are present.
- Now, apply the cleaning agent in a careful manner and rub the affected areas with the help of a soft cloth or a soft brush.
- Continue the rubbing process until stains start to come off and a clean look of the carpet appears.
- In the end, wash the carpet again with the help of clean water and let it dry for an appropriate period.
Cleaning wool carpets using a steam cleaner
We recommend people to obtain a steam cleaner on rent in order to perform the steam cleaning process. We also recommend applying steam cleaning on a hidden portion of the carpet in order to test its reaction with the carpet material. This will help ensure the viability of the process on wool carpets and enable people to protect them from negative consequences. Steps involved in the wool carpet cleaning process are given below:
- In the first step, vacuum clean the carpet with the help of a vacuum cleaner in order to remove dust and dirt particles.
- Now, add an appropriate amount of water and cleaning agent in the steam cleaner so that the steam cleaning process can initiate.
- Apply the steam cleaner on different areas of the carpet in a smooth and careful manner.
- Continue the process until a clean look of the carpets appears.